St John’s Town of Dalry Parish Church & Vestry

Constructed in 1831 on the side of a hill beside the old remains of the old church of 1771, mainly the Gordon Aisle, 1546, burial place of the Gordons of Lochinvar.   and the ‘King’s Ford’, on the Pilgrimage route to Whithorn. Construction is whinstone and sandstone walls and a slate roof. It is in full ecclesiastical use and in good condition.    The vestry sits apart from the church, with the old church aisle clearly visible as a burial lair today. Records are scarce, but a dilapidated church, existed in 1427.

The church is listed in the Scottish Churches Site here

This slideshow requires JavaScript.